Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my jeep last month from a lady who owned it since new and had ordered it with half doors,,,I thought I would like them, which I did in the summer because they are light and come off and on easy,,but now that winter is here they don't do it for me anymore.. I am looking for a set of full doors for my 2006 jeep wrangler..Can someone tell me what years will fit my 06 ??

Also looking for a hard top..

/

·
Registered
15,706 Posts
A tuyere there is no 1996 wranglers
Last YJ was 1995
TJ 1997-2006 and all TJ full doors are swapable

The 03-06 are made better less prone to crack at top edge near window channel and have a bigger chrome/silver key hole cover

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,358 Posts
The hardest part of the door swap is trying to match the interior trim color. It's ironic, those of us with full doors want half doors, those who have half doors want full doors. I was able to find a decent pair of half doors for mine, but still run full doors almost all the time. Jeep interior color is khaki, half door inside panels are gray. Oh well, can't have everything.

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
Lol... I put full doors on my 97.. my interior is grey and the door panels are khaki... we almost could have traded

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I love having full doors! Since doors are either on or off for me, I don't feel the need for half doors. That's just me...

Reactions: gsindela

·
Registered
765 Posts
I'm flexible :)

Factory half doors with soft tops, last year bought Bestop sliders for Winter use, this year I picked up a used set of full doors for winter use.

So I have half, full, soft and slider to chose from.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I love having full doors! Since doors are either on or off for me, I don't feel the need for half doors. That's just me...

I’m moving this way now too. When it was my DD I put on a set of the cloth half doors, to help keep crap off me on the way to work, but now I’d rather just have the doors off if the weather is nice enough. I’d still take a set of half doors, but it’s dropped way down the priority list now.

The cloth half doors are OK, but the ones I have don’t accept the uppers, so I just always kept my rain gear with me.

·
Premium Member
8,358 Posts
Lol... I put full doors on my 97.. my interior is grey and the door panels are khaki... we almost could have traded

My full doors that came on the Jeep have khaki panels, it's the half doors I got off ebay that are gray. Not big enough deal to worry about. The full doors are on most of the time, since I prefer the roll down windows for general around town driving.

I had half doors on my YJ and didn't really like the zip up window. But they are neat in good weather when you can run without the uppers in place.

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
Yeah that's why I said ALMOST lol

Full vs half shoots us down

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks all..im looking now for the full doors with the black insides..outsides I can paint if I need too but I can deal with any exterior color especially since it only for the winter..The half doors are great in the summer because even my girlfriend can lift them off and its easier than the fulls.. I also have the glass sliding uppers but for winter I defiantly want the roll down windows of the full doorsIf anyone hears of any for sale shoot me a pm..Thanks again

·
Registered
298 Posts
I got lucky and got the 1/2 doors I was looking for. My lj is soft top only, rarely is out in winter (currently - have other winter things). My full doors have not been on since getting 1/2 doors. I hate the zipper windows but they work, and I can put on the top and uppers quick when I need to. Still, If only one, full doors win.

My SO really likes 1/2 door over no doors as do I. It is easier to trap heat in the foot well when a nice day turns, stuff dose not blow out off the floor and they look super on an lj - though I rattle caned mine.....

My stock full door are black paneled interior, the 1/2 doors gray - they both look nice on the silver LJ

·
Premium Member
8,358 Posts
There are currently at least 8 sets of full doors on ebay, plus at least 10 passenger full doors and 1 driver side full doors. Interesting that there are so many passenger side only full doors listed.

I got my half doors off of ebay and they looked better in the pictures than when they actually arrived. Fairly typical I guess. They weren't in terrible shape, some dings, some minor rust on the bottom edge of one and obviously painted by rattle can black.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts