Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All you folks who love your half doors tune in to Cody's youtube video from jeepwranglertech.com. He describes the merits of full doors while dissing the half door with a sneer and using phrases like "not the best" or " not very popular". Very bad for the drive-thru. etc. :crash: Sure, every once and awhile I would like to have a roll down window too, but thats not why I have a Wrangler. Maybe he should consider a Hummer :doh: Am I alone here??

·
i'm......... lost
1,668 Posts
"its nice to have the security of glass."

is glass harder to break on full steel doors than a zipper window is to cut on a half door? hahaha :p

what a silly man. half doors are so much cooler

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
I have both sets of doors as well. My jeep sits on the east side of Cleveland, thus I must have a hard top with full steel doors. If it ain't locked, it's stolen.

And for off roadin'....doors....pffffft

·
Registered
7,150 Posts
Full hard doors. They come off just as easily as your half-doors while offering more security as long as they're locked. My insurance company offered me a (slight) discount because of my full doors over half-doors. (USAA is my insurance company)........and don't forget resale value if you ever sell your Jeep. Personally, I won't buy a Jeep with half-doors, but that's me. I'm sure you like your half-doors, and that's cool too. Just realize that for every argument, there'll be at least two sides.

·
Premium Member
3,221 Posts
I have full, 1/2 doors with sift uppers or hard sliders, and soft 2 piece doors. I love them all for dif situations but my fav is no doors at all.

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK cavediverjc what you say is true but Cody doesn't have to say it so it sounds like if you have half doors you have something less than a real Wrangler.

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
The only thing that makes half doors better in some situations is that you can remove the uppers and its "close" to being doorless.

·
Premium Member
1,863 Posts
i have full doors and never plan on getting half doors. i just figured at that point might as well go all the way and take them off.

·
Premium Member
3,221 Posts
I have to admit that I have only used my hard 1/2 doors like twice just because they are the perfect height to use as an arm rest. Most of the time I am doorless with my soft doors in back just in case it rains.

·
Wheelin' and Dealin'
1,521 Posts
Personally I like to run one half door on the driver side and one full door on the passenger side. It makes would-be-thieves think "wow, this guy is crazy, i'm not gonna mess with his stuff..."

·
Registered
7,150 Posts
OK cavediverjc what you say is true but Cody doesn't have to say it so it sounds like if you have half doors you have something less than a real Wrangler.
I completely agree with you. A Jeep is a Jeep to me. The owner decides what it's going to look like and how it's going to perform. A Jeep with 1/2 doors to one person may be the perfect set-up, while a Jeep with full doors is the perfect set-up. Ideally, I like to run with no doors at all, but as I live in Kansas where it's crazy hot in the summer and oftentimes WELL into the negatives in the winter, doors are a must-have for certain times of the year. We're all Jeepers with at least ONE common denominator. This Cody guy sounds like a Jeep elitist. They're out there, and they forget that they too were once new or fresh to the Jeep scene.

·
Registered
184 Posts
The only thing I use my full hard doors for is winter. When it gets warm again I have full soft doors that I run for rain, any other time there are no doors.

·
Wheelin' and Dealin'
1,521 Posts
The bottom half has a little metal frame with a skin stretched over it just like the soft upper zipper windows..I usually see them on CJs

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
He describes the merits of full doors while dissing the half door with a sneer and using phrases like ... Very bad for the drive-thru
Half doors are bad for the drive-through? My experience shows exactly the opposite. The top of the half doors is lower than the bottom of the window on the full-size doors, which means I can more easily reach down to those low ATM machines with my half doors than I can with full-size doors. (My upper doors halves are off every chance I get.)

Personally, I won't buy a Jeep with half-doors, but that's me.
That's okay. I've already sworn that I will never buy another Wrangler without half doors, period. Of the 5 TJs I have owned, only one had full-size doors... and that was easily the single most hated feature of any Wrangler I've ever had. But maybe that's just me. ;)

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Oh, ok. I have the full doors and I like them, but I am looking for tube doors of sorts, for summer time fun. It rains so much down here in Lower AL though, usually every afternoon. A tube door with an optional rain resistant skin would be worth looking into.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts