Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it dumb to run with full doors on (windows down) and soft top down for daily driving on warm days? I really have no interest in half doors and do not always have storage for my doors. Whats everyones thoughts on this? I never see it so as a first time jeep owner, I am curious.

P.S. on very hot days the doors will be off providing I have room to safely store them!

·
Registered
407 Posts
I do it all the time here in the NW. When it gets above 70 after work I will pull the windows and leave the top up for the ride home. If the weather is going to hold out for a few days I will pull the doors and just run with the top up without windows.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I see it all the time. Doesn't look bad, just doesn't look as "open" to me as a jeep with half doors with the uppers off. Like I would never have the top down and keep my half door uppers on. That would look ridiculous I think.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
My yj had half doors and I told myself I would never go full doors. Now my TJ has full doors, and I ride top down doors on sometimes. Usually only if its supposed to storm, or if I'm doing something really muddy to keep some of the mud from my interior (some, not all). I like the look. Not as much as doors off but hey, can't have your cake and eat it too.... or something....

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all for the info. It seems every jeep I see with the top down has the doors completely off. I was just making sure I wasn't pulling some "newb" stuff...

·
Registered
698 Posts
Mine came from the factory with hard doors and a soft top.

Doors stay on till summer is fully here.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Do whatever *you* like - don't worry about what others think. Unless it's raining/snowing, my top and doors are off. But if my wife is riding somewhere with me, we put on whatever makes her comfortable (temperature-wise). Yesterday short(ish) trip to the bike trails, nice day but she wanted doors and uppers but no top. Probably looked funny but she was happy ... and that's all that really mattered.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I roll with the top down and my full doors on all the time. Mostly because my girlfriend hates riding with out the doors on but when she's not with me they're the first thing to come off lol

·
Registered
35 Posts
Do what you like.. i ride with full doors on and soft top down all the time.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
I like riding on trails with no doors, but my wife can't stand riding down the highway in that configuration because of the way the wind blows up from the bottom of the door opening at speed. I drive with the hard doors on and the top down all the time, but when summer hits, I usually put my 2 piece soft doors on. They provide the most configuration flexibility and are easy to store in the back of the Jeep without worrying about paint damage.

·
Detail Oriented
3,172 Posts
I run with the top down all the time. I am on the Interstate for about 120 miles every day so I keep my doors on unless I am going wheeling or am just running backroads on a nice day off.

Attachments

·
Knows a couple things...
49,001 Posts
I've had two sets of full steel doors on two different TJs and while the roll-up glass window is definitely nice, I ended up selling both in favor of half-doors. For a daily driver full doors are nice but if it's more of a weekend vehicle like mine has become, half-doors work better for me. Easier to remove, lighter, look better with no top on, and have a better arm rest. :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
One of the best things about a jeep is u can ride with doors/soft top down one day,,,then w/o doors windows out...etc..whatever u feel like...its your jeep..there are no rules.

·
Registered
261 Posts
One of the best things about a jeep is u can ride with doors/soft top down one day,,,then w/o doors windows out...etc..whatever u feel like...its your jeep..there are no rules.
this

1 - 18 of 18 Posts