Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a set of full doors for my 03 wrangler but one of them didn't have a lock cylinder. I've been going crazy trying to find the lock cylinder retainers and the junk yards won't have them directly off of jeep doors. Does anyone know where I can buy some online? (don't have them at morris or dealership) or if I can find them through another door off of a different vehicle?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a set of full doors for my 03 wrangler but one of them didn't have a lock cylinder. I've been going crazy trying to find the lock cylinder retainers and the junk yards won't have them directly off of jeep doors. Does anyone know where I can buy some online? (don't have them at morris or dealership) or if I can find them through another door off of a different vehicle?
We're you able to find these retainer clips? We're having the same problem. We can't find them anywhere. Jeep dealer gave us part number but ever site says no longer available

·
Retired Moderator
103,209 Posts
We're you able to find these retainer clips? We're having the same problem. We can't find them anywhere. Jeep dealer gave us part number but ever site says no longer available
Welcome to the Forum, from Cave Creek AZ.

·
Premium Member
8,953 Posts
Mopar ones have been discontinued. Quadratec has a lot of door parts, including this item:

BTW - an interesting change between the '97-'02 doors and the '03-'06 doors is the lock button on the inside door handle. On the '97 to '02 the lock was activated by pushing on the front of the toggle (word lock was on the front), on the '03 to '06 the door was locked by pushing on the back side of the toggle (word lock was on the back). All aftermarket replacement interior door handles comply with the '97 to '02. No Mopar source for the '03 to '06 labeled handles exist. The '97 to '02 handles work, they are just miss labeled for the '03 to '06 TJs.

·
Registered
308 Posts
The clip is pretty simple. Easily made by cutting and bending a piece of sheet metal matching the thickness of the clip locator on the lock cylinder. If that is problematic for you, you can easily secure the secure cylinder in place using a hose clamp on the cylinder body which extends inside the door.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts