Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a full size cb radio. It's a General Lee (Connex 3300) that I had when I had my big trucks. Where would be the best place to mount it? Is above the mirror the best and if so, how did you mount it?

Not wanting to get a new, smaller radio. This one is already peaked and tuned the way I like it.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
subbed. someone gifted me a cobra lsx29 i belive. Not sure which mount brackets work the best. I read above the mirror is the best place and saw someone use one of the holes for the hard top screw to hang in the middle.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Velcro'd my 29 to the dash above the radio. I can pull it off, and lock it up if needed in no time. With the flipped mirror it was just not going above the mirror.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Just installed one of these in my JKUR yesterday and running the power and coax was relatively simple (my buddy had just done his a couple weeks ago and knew exactly what was needed). Sorry, no photos but I can take a couple if you'd like to see.

Rugged Ridge 11503.95 CB Radio Mount, 07-15 Jeep Wrangler (JK)

·
Registered
639 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,291 Posts
Will this fit a full size radio with a hardtop? And will it also work my Trektop NX when I put it back on? I really like this one.
Sorry my pic is so dark. Yes, you can mount a full size CB. You will need some mount brackets. Now, I did not put the bar in their recommended spot but just a bit further back so I can put the hard top back on over the bar. I needed to cut out the hard top a bit but that was easy. So, I leave my CB right there and go between my hard top and my premium soft top just fine. You will need to try positioning the bar in a few places before you bolt it down. I use two simple self tapping screws and it worked great.

They make very nice stuff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts