Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone here running a Fumoto Valve? I have a new one that I never installed on my Ram.

Not sure if it would get knocked off....

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I had one on my 2014 and thought it was great. I didn't play in the rocks, though, so I didn't need to worry about catching it on something.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I just bought mine, however I prefer to do my own oil changes IN side my garage, so having a way to control the oil flow and keep it going exactly where I need it to go is a good idea, not installed yet as I just ordered mine, but I figure after a few oil changes saved (two) I should recover the cost so to say....

·
Registered
482 Posts
Installed mine at the same time I put on a RH 4x4 engine/oil pan skid. Once you install the skid the only access you have to the oil plug is thru a little trap door. I have a 10-12" tube attached to the Fumoto valve so when I need to change the oil I just remove the one bolt holding the door, drop down the tube and turn the valve lever, easy and clean.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Totally worth it. Mine is protected by a Rancho oil pan skid so it will not get knocked of.

I change my oil 6x a year (every 5k miles). Yes, I drive 30-32k miles a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: 9Mike2

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Love it! Takes less than ten minutes of my physical time to change the oil. Hook up hose, put hose in drain tank, open valve, come back in 15 minutes, close valve, remove hose wipe drain valve, replace filter, fill er up. No mess.

I should probably add a skid plate, but I have high centered my Jeep at least 4 times and haven't even been close to the valve yet. With my driving style the transfer case cross member and gas tank skid plates are taking the brunt of my foolishness.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Installed mine at the same time I put on a RH 4x4 engine/oil pan skid. Once you install the skid the only access you have to the oil plug is thru a little trap door. I have a 10-12" tube attached to the Fumoto valve so when I need to change the oil I just remove the one bolt holding the door, drop down the tube and turn the valve lever, easy and clean.
Exact same setup that I have. I've been using Fumoto oil drain valves on a number of vehicles for almost two decades now. Never had a problem yet. I would not put one on a Wrangler unless there is a skid plate to protect it. The Rock Hard skid gives you plenty of clearance.

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Yep. Love it. I can drain the oil straight into a container with a lid.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
100% worth it. I have a skid plate under the engine. It came with an access port so you can use a fumoto. I take the 3 screws out to drop the cover plate, stick a tube on the valve, put the other end in an empty jug, and open the valve. It drains with no mess at all.

I don't have to drop my skid plate to change the oil. I don't have to transfer the oil from a catch bin to a jug.

By the time I'm done changing the filter, doing a 5 tire rotation, and lubing all of the steering joints, the oil is drained. I close the valve, pull the tube, put the cover plate back on and I'm done.

I like them so much I put one on every vehicle I own. I have well over 100,000 combined miles with fumoto valves and not one problem. They lock closed (when you bother to make sure they close all the way), but you can also use a clip for added security (which only fits when the valve is fully closed and locked).

·
Formerly Tombstone17
1,640 Posts
As stated above, it helps if you have skid plates, a lot easier to do an oil change, I am all about making my life easier!

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Wow. 6 times huh? and so every two months?
Mine is 4 times a year easy, and if I followed the dealers instruction/window sticker it would be at least 6 times a year, likely even more, so two months or less. It's not hard if you put a lot of miles on.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
623 Posts
Absolutely love it! I also have a skid plate, and don't even bother using the access door as I can put the hose on by feel.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts