Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I am going to use this thread to showcase my newly acquired 2015 JKU Rubicon Hard Rock. Since she's Tank in color, I've decided upon the nickname Fury after the movie of the same name. Bounced several others around, but am sticking with this. It's a Jeep thing, right?

I've been posting imagery here and there, but wanted a central repository of the build. I love Jeeps, and I take a lot of pictures, and so far I've taken many of all the mods I've already made. Over the next several posts, I'll present them here so others can learn from what I've done, or not repeat my mistakes! Enjoy....

CG

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
You're so vain....

First things first: Vanity Tag! Before I even ordered the Jeep from my dealership, I popped in the DVM to secure my personal tag...

CG

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Stock for 54 miles...

Here she is at the dealership. Wow! What a beautiful sight....

Took about five weeks to take delivery. Not too bad time-wise but the wait was excruciating.

Ha! One mile on the odometer...

Fury wasn't stock for very long. I drove straight to my sons school and picked him up in it. He's special needs/Autistic, and very attached to Jeeps. He carried around pictures from the sales brochure for weeks before it arrived. Needless to say, he was thrilled to see it parked out in front of his school.

We drove straight to Eddyville Tire and had five new Goodyear Duratracs installed. I sold the OEM BFG's to a friend. I went with LT285/70R17's, which are about and inch wider and higher than stock. Plus, I wanted a more road-friendly tire. These seemed a good choice. So far, I am happy...

IMG_20150107_143959.jpg

They rub the front swaybar at full tilt, but the pending lift will remedy this...

10923578_877567662264061_4768870599670718879_n.jpg

CG

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
First mods...

While waiting for the Jeep to arrive, I started amassing some of the first mods I wanted to be able to slap on right away. These included red handled Garbars JK 4-Door Front & Back GraBars Set (Includes RED Rubber Grips), Mopar door enrty guards Amazon.com: 2007-2014 Jeep Wrangler 4 Door-Door Entry Guards: Automotive, Rugged Ridge door handle guards Amazon.com: Rugged Ridge 11651.26 Black Door Handle Recess Guard - 5 Pieces: Automotive, and a stubby antenna Amazon.com: AntennaX Off-Road (13-inch) Antenna for (07 thru 15) Jeep Wrangler JK: Automotive.

Installed all of these items the same day in a friends garage.

The Grabars I am especially fond of. They are a big help to my special needs son getting into the Jeep (and me, too).

The door protectors just look good.

The stubby antenna is a nice touch, too....

IMG_20150108_132632.jpg

Next.....Quadratec LED headlamps!

CG

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quadratec LED headlight mod

Based on the fantastic Quadratec LED headlamp thread, I knew this was the first major mod I wanted to make. Boy, was it worthwhile. Taking off the grille was a snap, and took about three minutes...

IMG_20141229_124050.jpg

Save for a few screws, everything was plug and play.

IMG_20150108_110536.jpg

IMG_20150108_111231.jpg

IMG_20150108_112226.jpg

The end result was stunning and the difference amazing.

IMG_20150108_111729.jpg

·
Registered
226 Posts
Great stuff so far. It looks like you have a killer garage/shop too! Does your son have input in terms of what mods you've done/come next?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Beautiful Jeep! Love the color and the vanity plates. I got a Hydro JKU, but if they would have had Tank in 2014 I may have gone that route. What lift are you planning on running?

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great stuff so far. It looks like you have a killer garage/shop too! Does your son have input in terms of what mods you've done/come next?
Tanks! Alas, not my garage, but a good friend. And he enjoys the company! It's like a mini Harbor Freight/Sears.

Unfortunately, my son is completely non-verbal, so not a lot of input. But man does he love his Jeep! He's 15....CG

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
226 Posts
Tanks! Alas, not my garage, but a good friend. And he enjoys the company! It's like a mini Harbor Freight/Sears.

Unfortunately, my son is completely non-verbal, so not a lot of input. But man does he love his Jeep! He's 15....CG
That's all that matters!! It's great to be able to spend time together on something you both are excited about and enjoy.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Nice ride. I'm having more Rubicon X/Hard Rock speedo envy. I don't know why but I want a Rubicon speedo for my lowly normal Rubicon desperately :rolleyes:

You're going to lose those Rubicon stickers and replace them with custom "FURY" decals, right? That would be cool.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nice ride. I'm having more Rubicon X/Hard Rock speedo envy. I don't know why but I want a Rubicon speedo for my lowly normal Rubicon desperately :rolleyes:

You're going to lose those Rubicon stickers and replace them with custom "FURY" decals, right? That would be cool.
By a staggering coincidence, Don at PixelDecals is making me several "FURY" decals in an actual Fury font! Probably going to place one over the windshield. Can't bring myself to lose the Rubicon stickers! CG

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
That's gonna be sharp! I almost have color envy; I have the Commando Green, but if I would have waited, there is no question I would have gotten Tank! Love it! Great looking Jeep! I can't wait to see those "Fury" decals!

1 - 20 of 137 Posts