Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
41 - 60 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Just for kicks, I added my uncles WWII army foot locker in the back of the JKU. Strapped it down with some O.D. green webbing and buckles. Keep my recovery gear, extra fluids, emergency supplies, flares, and what not in it. Looks pretty cool.... CG

That is so cool nice peice of family history and it works too.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Warn 10S winch and Maximus-3 plate install...

While all of this is still kind of fresh, I wanted to post up my experience having my Warn Zeon 10S winch installed today.

Bill A. at Tweakin' Performance...er..performed the install. Probably could have tackled it myself in The Garage, but wanted someone with a plethora of the right tools to do the dirty deed.

Not going to go into all the details, but essentially we had zero issues with the install. All the cutting and modding went straightforward. I'd say the hardest thing was getting the bumper bolts tightened up after we went to button everything up. Very little clearance to get the top inside bolts tight. But the right combination of articulating socket extensions got the job done.

The Maximus 0400-026P-VHF kit I bought included filler trim plates that we should have waited to put on LAST. No big deal. Also, we installed the winch rope before replacing the bumper. Worked great. Much easier because you have all the room in the world. Also, tightening all the bolts as we went proved not to be an issue. And, plenty of room in front of the grille, so no need to remove it before hand.

Getting the winch rope started in the drum was problematic, but a can of silicone spray, a hammer (to flatten the rope) and one of those remote picky uppy thingies did the trick.

All in all, not a bad install for 2.5 hours of work....

Hat's off the Maximum-3. Quality engineering....TOP NOTCH!

CG

Here are a few more images....

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Nice trunk in the...trunk :D Looking really good. Epic beard too ;)

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Fury...

Pretty much done modding the front. Now for the rear....Hi-Lift, gas cans, reinforced tire carrier. CB.......

Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Car Jeep

·
Registered
685 Posts
So glad I happened to find your build thread. I've never heard of the steering attenuator and plan on trying it out.

Good looking build so far! I've subbed for more updates!

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Tanks! And the steering attenuator is really, really nice.... More I drive it the more it sinks in.

More updates mid week.....;-) CG

·
Registered
158 Posts
Those mods are looking GREAT!
have you noticed any difference in temp with the grill guard installed??
I really like the look of the grill with it!

·
Registered
685 Posts
Added my PixelDecals today.....
Decals look great! Just a word of advice as I had the same decal on a previous jeep. Dirt gets trapped around the decal and scratches the paint. So when you remove the decal the paint scratches are in the same shape.

41 - 60 of 137 Posts