Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1998 Jeep TJ 4.0 with an automatic transmission. It will idle all day in park. When placed in drive the #11 fuse (PDC Coils 10A) may or may not blow. At first it was every once in a while. Now it is becoming more frequent. While in park and idling I have shaken the jeep and handled the visible wiring harnesses and it continues to run. Any help with this issue would be appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Check the wiring to the torque converter solenoid (red/light green wire). Very possible it has gotten damaged or into the exhaust & melted through & shorting to ground. Possibly happening when the engine/trans rocks over when going into gear.

If good check where the harness goes behind the engine. It is tight & hard to see but if that harness goes back there (I think it does) it in a known place for the harness to get damaged from rubbing either on the back of the engine or a bolt sticking through from the cab.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts