Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
87 YJ Wrangler

All my lights work except my headlights.
Anyone have a diagram of the fuse box? What fuses are for what?

Also I have inside the engine bay passenger side firewall an old style fuse panel with buss fuses. What are they for?

Main thing is getting my headlights to work. Like to start by identifying underdash fuses.

Thanks, Mark

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
I'll go look at mine tomorrow and give you a holler unless you get help tonight.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lynskynbnd, I really appreciate it but I don't know what the heck I'm reading.
How bout just a layout of the fuse box that shows what each fuse is for.
Like if I look at it under the dash and can see what each fuse is for.
Thanks

·
Registered
665 Posts
Easiest to just start pulling fuses one at a time and check if it's blown. Some headlight switches have a circuit breaker built in to them. Check fuses under the hood also. You can also turn headlights on and with a test light or volt meter check at the connector on the headlight. One of the 3 wires will be a ground one will be for low beam the other will be for high beam. These are the easiest things to check first. Next would be the headlight switch, check for 12 v going to switch then turn switch on and check for 12 coming out of switch, should be two one for parking one for headlights which should go to dimmer switch. If you have 12 v out of headlight switch the next place to check is the dimmer switch. Hope this helps and good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts