Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I must have blown a fuse somewhere and I don't know where it is. I needed to tie my 12 volt constant wire from the stereo into something with a 12 volt constant but nothing works. My cigarette lighter doesn't work when the keys are out of the jeep. This is the "purple/white" wire if that helps, I don't know how to get power back to these things.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Are you installing an aftermarket stereo? There should be a 12v constant on the factory harness that goes to the stereo. If you're using a harness adapter there should be one available right there. If it doesn't have power to it then just look in your fuse boxes for any fuses labeled stereo or 12v or constant +.

I'm not extremely familiar with Jeeps wiring so sorry if it's not much help.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There's no power going to the 12v constant in the wire cluster for the aftermarket stereo.The previous owner just cut out the old stereo that was in there. I don't see any fuses that are blown or anything

·
Registered
650 Posts
So the factory stereo plug has just been whacked off?? That blows.

If it were me, I'd find a 12v constant in the fuse panel, tap into the power side of it, and put an inline fuse in place and run the wire to the stereo. Or run a direct fused connection to your battery or distribution area (do jeeps have those?)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
someone suggested that before so I bought an in-line fuse today, I really wanted to find the problem rather than bypassing it but I suppose its not that necessary.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I don't know enough about the wiring on Jeeps to backtrack that particular wire anywhere. Sometime Chiltons or Haynes manuals will have wiring diagrams in them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts