Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2001 Jeep TJ

When I turn on the interior light to the Jeep, it cuts the radio off and on the odometer it says "fuse". I have checked all my fuses but can't figure out what the issue is. Any ideas?

·
Knows a couple things...
49,374 Posts
So turning the interior lights on blows the fuse? If so, look at the sockets of all of your interior lights, and the wiring leading to them. One could be damaged, have the wrong bulb in it, or a bulb might have even been inserted incorrectly which can cause weird problems.

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
If it is not actually blowing a fuse, try replacing fuse #25 (10 amp) in the power distribution center (under the hood) with a known good 10 amp fuse.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Might also check if you have an aftermarket radio that someone didn't wire it up correctly. If they tapped into the wrong set of wires, like the interior lamp circuit instead of say the park lamps you could be getting some sort of back feed condition.

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
Might also check if you have an aftermarket radio that someone didn't wire it up correctly. If they tapped into the wrong set of wires, like the interior lamp circuit instead of say the park lamps you could be getting some sort of back feed condition.
The stock radio as well as the gauge cluster uses the same circuit as the dome light to maintain preset info. In this case it is fed by fuse #25 in the pdc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts