Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
They are show vehicles..."concept vehicles" but we can be sure we'll see some of the features in these Jeeps in the next Jeep Wrangler which is (still) supposed to be made using a lot of aluminum and an 8-speed transmission for better MPGs. Rumors I heard also said no more folding windshield not that many will miss that.
I already miss this- it's such a PITA on a Jk Wrangler that no one does it but I used to put my windshield down all the time on my old Jeeps. I wish they would make a way to lower it easily instead of getting rid of it.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I agree they should throw the spare up on the bonnet like land rovers of old or put it in n the side like olds CJs.
Thinking about it though, if they did offer this '3rd length' wrangler as a 7seater or a decent pick-up i may accept having a skinnier wheel tucked under there.

The tire is too big to go on the side and i am sure there are plenty of pedestrian impact issues with that too, but if mopar released those side mount shovels and fuel cans they would sell like hot cakes.

·
Registered
154 Posts
love that Cherokee Chief...my first Jeep was a 1978 Chief...light blue with white top...loved that Jeep. I'd buy the new model in a heart beat.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts