Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Retired Moderator
Joined
·
9,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Folks,

Just a quick note for those of you, like myself, who's jeeps came with the Mopar slush mats (these).

I think these are the best looking mats out there, but I was disappointed to find mine wore through under my heal at the accelerator in less than 25k miles. I mention it here and others have had similar experiences (here's one).

Basically, the rubber is too soft and they wear quickly in repetitive use spots.

While in for my soft top recall, I told the parts department that I considered it a manufacturing or design defect of a "Mopar accessory" and that it should be covered under the 3 yr/36k warranty. He hemmed and hawwed about how mats are a "wear item" and aren't covered. I pointed out that the warranty manual specifies what's not covered as wear items (e.g., clutch), and that it specifically states that everything else that came from the factory on the jeep is covered. Slush mats are not identified as excluded, and, therefore, are covered.

Well, I picked up my new slush mats free-of-charge this morning. :thumb: And not just the new driver side one--a whole set front/rear. I'm thinking I'll probably pop rivet in a small metal plate or something similar to prevent the same thing from happening again.

I've attached the service receipt if it helps anyone else get a replacement set.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
621 Posts
wow. would have never thought of this. but very true. all mopar items are covered for 3/36. i can see where they might have fallen in a wear item tho. i personally like mine. i usually go with husky liners, but i can see running these for awhile.
 

· The Bad Guy
Joined
·
23,463 Posts
MTH said:
Folks,

Just a quick note for those of you, like myself, who's jeeps came with the Mopar slush mats (these).

I think these are the best looking mats out there, but I was disappointed to find mine wore through under my heal at the accelerator in less than 25k miles. I mention it here and others have had similar experiences (here's one).
it specifically states that everything else that came from the factory on the jeep is covered. Slush mats are not identified as excluded, and, therefore, are covered.

Well, I picked up my new slush mats free-of-charge this morning. :thumb: And not just the new driver side one--a whole set front/rear. I'm thinking I'll probably pop rivet in a small metal plate or something similar to prevent the same thing from happening again.

I've attached the service receipt if it helps anyone else get a replacement set.
They don't come "from the factory", however. You got away with one.
 

· The Bad Guy
Joined
·
23,463 Posts
PA ARCTIC said:
wow. would have never thought of this. but very true. all mopar items are covered for 3/36. i can see where they might have fallen in a wear item tho. i personally like mine. i usually go with husky liners, but i can see running these for awhile.
They would fall under each individual parts' warranty not the vehicle 3/36 warranty.
 

· Retired Moderator
Joined
·
9,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They don't come "from the factory", however. You got away with one.
Actually, mine did come from the factory. They were part of the Mountain Edition package and appear on my build sheet.

But even if they didn't, "Mopar accessories" installed by the dealer are covered under 3/36. (Relatedly, a lift is of course not a "Mopar accessory," but a "performance part.")
 

· The Bad Guy
Joined
·
23,463 Posts
MTH said:
Actually, mine did come from the factory. They were part of the Mountain Edition package and appear on my build sheet.

But even if they didn't, "Mopar accessories" installed by the dealer are covered under 3/36. (Relatedly, a lift is of course not a "Mopar accessory," but a "performance part.")
So if I go and buy a set right now from the dealer, I get no warranty? I think not. They will be covered under the parts warranty. Special editions notwithstanding.
 

· Retired Moderator
Joined
·
9,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
daggo66 said:
So if I go and buy a set right now from the dealer, I get no warranty? I think not. They will be covered under the parts warranty. Special editions notwithstanding.
No, I think you'd get the parts warranty, which I believe is only 12 months (??) and may vary its terms for accessories. But whatever the case, if you bought the mats from the dealer while you were below 3/36, you'd have whatever remained of the basic limited warranty coverage as well.

And the mats do indeed come from the factory on some (all?) of the recent special editions, so they are covered under the basic limited warranty in those circumstances as well.
 

· Retired Moderator
Joined
·
9,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good work MTH... Never would have even thought of that. You should be a lawyer...
I've heard that . . . . :D

How are your slush mats holding up, by the way? You too could earn yourself a free set by bi***ing a little at the service desk . . . . :popcorn:
 

· Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
I bought the slush mats, got the hole under the heel.....tossed em and bought rugged ridge ones that are made of harder material and go up the carpet a little higher and tighter than the Mopar ones, never thought of the warranty angle. Oh well, next time!
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top