Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone gotten a g-force chip for their wrangler, i got one for 80 bucks and before i install it i wanna know if its even worth it?

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
Jerry,

Here we go again................

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
unanimous decision around here is that a chip is absolutely worthless...which i also agree.

It wont do anything for you which is usable. I dont remember all the posts i've read but somethin about the very slight power increase which you get is way up in the rpm's where you'll never use nor need it.

just kind of a useless product

·
that's what she said
16,481 Posts
the computer chips don't provide any noticeable gains in HP, fuel economy, or anything else. i had a jet stage 1 chip in my tj which i bought for $300, and i thought it was the best thing ever. a few years later, i decided to sell it for $$$ for some upgrades for my CJ. now that it has been off for over a year, i noticed that it didn't change a damn thing. i guess i didn't want to admit that i just wasted $300.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
the computer chips don't provide any noticeable gains in HP, fuel economy, or anything else. i had a jet stage 1 chip in my tj which i bought for $300, and i thought it was the best thing ever. a few years later, i decided to sell it for $$$ for some upgrades for my CJ. now that it has been off for over a year, i noticed that it didn't change a damn thing. i guess i didn't want to admit that i just wasted $300.

Admitting you had a problem is the first step to recovery :D:D

·
Registered
642 Posts
has anyone gotten a g-force chip for their wrangler, i got one for 80 bucks and before i install it i wanna know if its even worth it?
That should read...

"Has anyone gotten a g-force chip for their wrangler. Before I buy it, I wanna know if its even worth 80 bucks?"

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
That should read...

"Has anyone gotten a g-force chip for their wrangler. Before I buy it, I wanna know if its even worth 80 bucks?"
And the answer is NO!!!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts