Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 1995 wrangler and was wondering if its running right. These are pics of the gauges after its warmed up at idle.

image-3055306809.jpg

image-2122812947.jpg

It has the 2.5L.

Let me know what u all think.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Zephyr1298 said:
Have a 1995 wrangler and was wondering if its running right. These are pics of the gauges after its warmed up at idle.

It has the 2.5L.

Let me know what u all think.
Everything looks good to me!! What is the reason you're asking?

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
You can't really go off of the gauges until you get mechanical gauges on the oil pressure and battery voltage. Normally it should run about 14 volts with the running/headlights off and about 40psi at idle. RPM's should be around 950 or so.

Fuel gauge should be at full or empty, because they always break..

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
The gauges all look like they're in the "normal range" but that doesn't mean it's running good or bad. The gauges are an indicator, they're not that accurate. You'll have to test with calibrated equipment for that, especially the alternator and battery. Idle looks good. If it's running rough a tune up might be in order. If not, leave it alone.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Idling better now. Whoever put the spark plugs in before me don't know how to. They tightened them to hard. Thank goodness they didn't do any damage. But know I put new plugs wires and cap in it running smoothly

1 - 7 of 7 Posts