Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1990 jeep wranglers Gage's haven't been working right. Same with the buzzer and the seat belt light. It's been doing weird things for a couple weeks. Any one know a thing or two would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Probably some corrosion on the back of the gauge cluster. Pull it out and clean it up with some scotchbrite. Very common issue.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
My gauge problems originated from my 23 year old windshield cowl seal.
The rust fell like snowflakes inside the dash on the back of the gauges.

When I'd bang the dash with my fist it would move the rust particles around just enough some would fire up temporarily.

Don't know about the buzzer/seat belt light.
Are you saying they come on when you're buckled up?
Have you lost weight?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My gauge problems originated from my 23 year old windshield cowl seal.
The rust fell like snowflakes inside the dash on the back of the gauges.

When I'd bang the dash with my fist it would move the rust particles around just enough some would fire up temporarily.

Don't know about the buzzer/seat belt light.
Are you saying they come on when you're buckled up?
Have you lost weight?
The seat belt light flickered on and off and sometimes stay on and it'd be dim. And when it did that the tachometer read a lower reading or it was jumping all over the place. Now it just doesn't work at all

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Probably some corrosion on the back of the gauge cluster. Pull it out and clean it up with some scotchbrite. Very common issue.
I cleaned the cluster (oil pressure, gas, temp, battery) I should mention the battery has always read a lower reading

1 - 5 of 5 Posts