Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm going to be getting a 2.5" lift kit. Probably TF 2.5" lift with either bilstein 5100s or rancho 9000xl shocks. Problem is that its getting too cold out. So i was wondering if anyone had a garage i could use and maybe a helping hand? I'd be willing to throw some cash in also for helping me out! Plus you get the experience of wrenching in a lift kit! :thumb:

·
Registered
49 Posts
reaksmeyk said:
So I'm going to be getting a 2.5" lift kit. Probably TF 2.5" lift with either bilstein 5100s or rancho 9000xl shocks. Problem is that its getting too cold out. So i was wondering if anyone had a garage i could use and maybe a helping hand? I'd be willing to throw some cash in also for helping me out! Plus you get the experience of wrenching in a lift kit! :thumb:
Where do you live and when are you planning on doing it?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm in boston. Haven't ordered any parts yet. Wanted to make sure i had a place to do the install first. So pretty much whenever the person with the garage is available, but preferably a weekend.

·
Registered
49 Posts
reaksmeyk said:
I'm in boston. Haven't ordered any parts yet. Wanted to make sure i had a place to do the install first. So pretty much whenever the person with the garage is available, but preferably a weekend.
I'm about 35 miles south of Boston and a weekend would work although my skid plate broke off today so the next few weekends I will have mine tying up my garage. If your in no hurry we can do it after that.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think I'm just going to rent a kit from AutoZone or something. Have you ever installed a lift kit before? This is my first time... haha

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
I can lend jack stands if ya need them.

Edit: I just read the posts above lol whoops

·
Registered
49 Posts
reaksmeyk said:
I think I'm just going to rent a kit from AutoZone or something. Have you ever installed a lift kit before? This is my first time... haha
Just a 2 inch lift on my tj are you mechanical?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok cool! I've done a bunch of work and repairs on my old Audi. I saw the install video for the 2.5" kit. Doesn't seem like anything i can't handle. Hopefully... haha

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So i finally ordered the kit! Should probably be getting here in a week or so! I was looking at some install videos and it seems like i might not need a coil compressor kit. When would you be free?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh i ended up ordering the aev 2.5" plus the geo correction brackets. Also got the teraflex hinged adj mount.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Can I get in and give a helping hand?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yes, no problem he can let me know if he is comfortable with it. I would have offered my garage but it's packed full right now with other stuff.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
What town are you guys doing it??

1 - 20 of 23 Posts