Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
627 Posts
Just that the review of them on Whitney states you have to drill your frame and the ACE, besides being American made, are a direct bolt up with excellent reviews by many members on this forum. They are on my mod list. The rails from Whitney would not be.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Not to steal your post, but for low price and a decent product, from what I can tell is the westin rails. My front bumper in the same series is stout and has about an 1/8 in thick plastic-type coating on it. And they are 2/3 the price of these.

Westin TrailBlazer Series for Jeep Wrangler - Rocker Bars - Truck Customizers

Dang! and they are on sale now for $191.99 shipped!
I think I see where part of my next paycheck is going.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not to steal your post, but for low price and a decent product, from what I can tell is the westin rails. My front bumper in the same series is stout and has about an 1/8 in thick plastic-type coating on it. And they are 2/3 the price of these.

These do look nice. I am looking for "moderate" protection that will double as a step for the wife/chilluns but don't want to break the bank on this.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
298 Posts

I ordered those on Saturday, and they should be arriving this week. I'll let y'all know how they are.

·
Registered
198 Posts
They look nice but would love to see pics of them installed. Anyone have a pic you can post? Im curious how far they extend out from under the doors...

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My only concern is with the attachment. It looks like you drill new holes in the frame to mount, but only at 2 points. With the longer length needed for the JKU, I wonder if they will still serve a protection purpose. I appreciate the 3 point attachment of the ACE rails for body protection and strength to stand on.

Looking forward to JohnT11's review.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
My only concern is with the attachment. It looks like you drill new holes in the frame to mount, but only at 2 points. With the longer length needed for the JKU, I wonder if they will still serve a protection purpose. I appreciate the 3 point attachment of the ACE rails for body protection and strength to stand on.

Looking forward to JohnT11's review.
^^^ This.

Ace RR's attach at 3 points. Wish I'd bought them, and will soon as I wear out my Smitty's, which took multiple grindings to fit @ only two points.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts