Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have 1 of the aforementioned cameras? I really want to get a camera for all my off road excursions. I know go pro is the gold standard, but I don't plan on driving under water or off a cliff. Camera will mount inside somewhere, away from water splashing, mud etc. I really like the GPS feature for tracking routes so I can remember where I went or try new trails that I haven't been on before.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I bought the non-Elite version off Groupon for 100 bucks. Its on fire sale since it was discontinued. It lacks the GPS function, but you can effectively gain that back if you have a Garmin GPS product to pair it with. Since they are cheap now, you can get more than one for the price of the Elite and they can be master-slaved so you can stop/start recording from one unit or a remote.

I've tested it a bit and the video quality is adequate, not great. But better than no video. For me the expansion and versatility... and clearance pricing... made the performance issues livable.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Just picked up the Elite yesterday. Played with it on my way to work this morning. My 20 minute 1080p/30hz video was almost 500mb!
I went for the elite over the basic since I wanted the GPS features and the remote viewfinder/trigger over iPod but have no plans or reason to upgrade my 60csx that's too old to use the pairing function with.
While the included mount is pretty solid, I plan to get a RAM like the one my GPS is on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts