Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently, the '08 Wrangler I bought "burps" gas when filling up. Seems there were several TSB's generated for various fixes at the dealer. My question is does Chrysler cover these "fixes" or is it out of pocket for me? Seems that fixes range from a valve, to a vapor canister to a new gas tank, or all the above. Has anyone through the fix for this and what was the cost -was it worth it?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Apparently, the '08 Wrangler I bought "burps" gas when filling up. Seems there were several TSB's generated for various fixes at the dealer. My question is does Chrysler cover these "fixes" or is it out of pocket for me? Seems that fixes range from a valve, to a vapor canister to a new gas tank, or all the above. Has anyone through the fix for this and what was the cost -was it worth it?
I have a 2008 Wrangler as well. I just had mine done at the local dealership. No out-of-pocket cost.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
If I remember right, there was a recall on some JKs for that issue. You can go to jeep.com and check your VIN or call Jeep, and ask them. If there was a recall on your Jeep, then there should be no cost to you.

·
Super Moderator
7,833 Posts
See above^^. There is a campaign to fix them free, get cleared by Chrysler Customer care because many of the dealers will try and bill you for the repair if you're unaware, then double dip and get paid from Chrysler, and you. That's what they tried when I brought my 08 Liberty in, I had the campaign number in hand and set them straight with it before they started. After that things went smoothly.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thx for the input. I have contacted Chrysler regarding my vehicle to see if it is covered. When I called the dealer, they asked if I had a warranty (add on I purchased since Jeep was unknown to me) and they said, "sure, we can do that if you have a warranty". Just felt funny when they said it so wanted to check on others experiences.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Bought my used 08 just after 36 month warranty expired. Factory still covered all expenses with replacement parts & labor. Get it done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts