Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the gas cap light on my jeep has been on for a while. My uncle said that I probably just didn't tighten it up after I put gas in it, and I should just tighten it and then after 15-20 starts the light will go away. After that didn't work, I bought a new gas cap, and still after 15-20 starts it's still there. What do you think the issue is and how do I fix it?

·
Registered
22 Posts
We have a 2011 Wrangler, the gas cap light will come on for a few days and then go away. We fill it with gas every day, it is used on a postal route. We had a Stant locking cap for a while but then the gas cap light started coming on so we put the factory cap back on.

The cap light still comes on every few months for a few days and then stays off.

If you did not buy a factory cap, you might want to get one and try it. The rubber seals are bigger on them then the after market caps I have tried.

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
I have a 13 with an aftermarket locking cap. A while back I had a "gascp" message pop up because it was not tight. I resealed it and it went away instantly.
Just recently I had my chk eng light come on. I used my obd2 tester to discover the alarm was for a small evap system leak. With some forum guidance I checked all of my vac lines and evap box. No luck. I figured it couldn't be the cap because it didn't say cap. It was the cap.
I removed the cap and cleaned it up with some spray silicone I had and wiped it down real good with a towel. It instantly cleared and no problem. That was about 2 weeks ago and 2 fill ups.
Hope it helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts