Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hate the YJ style that much that I'm going to change it. Do you know if there are any kits? I ordered new hoses and the bezel for a TJ and am hoping it fits. The spout was 120 bucks. I'm hoping the old one will work.

·
Registered
167 Posts
getting ready to do the same thing, when i add the body armor that is, from looking at it, i'm sure that the TJ filler will work...

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Just never saw the reason to spend those kind of $$ for a filler that still won't flow well. Read all the TJ threads about filler problems! :banghead:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ordered TJ Hoses and recessed chrome bezel. Hopefully, the neck will fit. The YJ necks are 20 bucks, the TJ's are 120. I also got diamond plate TJ corner guards.

·
Registered
94 Posts
i like the flip down plate...they make rubber stoppers so the plate will stay down but hear in california the stupid ass gas stations have some new rubber thing that you have to push in order for the gas to flow and now its jacked up i have to hold it but its really no big deal

·
Registered
178 Posts
My license plate is held into a frame by some longer stainless bolts on the top side of the plate. If you do this, the extra threads hang through the back side and allow you to tilt the gas nozzle and let it rest while its flowing.

I used to just pump gas while holding the plate down with my right foot. That works pretty well too. It just looks like you're a really intense gas pumper.

·
Founder, ThumbJeeps
4,062 Posts
I've had (2) people so far that were driving my Jeep, stopped to get gas and left very frustrated because they both could not find where to put the gas in.

Come on... its old school! Check behind the plate!!! I can just imagine pulling up to the pump "darn it wrong side" then circling around to the other side "WTF?" now what?

·
Premium Member
7,064 Posts
jgwalt said:
My license plate is held into a frame by some longer stainless bolts on the top side of the plate. If you do this, the extra threads hang through the back side and allow you to tilt the gas nozzle and let it rest while its flowing.

I used to just pump gas while holding the plate down with my right foot. That works pretty well too. It just looks like you're a really intense gas pumper.
Haha I did that i felt pretty weird lol

sevenservices said:
I've had (2) people so far that were driving my Jeep, stopped to get gas and left very frustrated because they both could not find where to put the gas in.

Come on... its old school! Check behind the plate!!! I can just imagine pulling up to the pump "darn it wrong side" then circling around to the other side "WTF?" now what?
haha that would be frustrating. I will say I put gas in my yj once and left it in and let go and the spring threw the pump nozzle out and I got gas on me lol. Last time I did that lol.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I had the same problem when I let a friend drive mine one day, he could look behind the plate beacuse he could no figure out how to move the tire carrier. :banghead:

·
Registered
139 Posts
When I drove my brothers the first time I stopped to put gas in and..was like WTF???
I did look behind the Plate after I didnt see it on the side... Took me back a few years..
Why does this bother people so much? Just relocate the plate.. and then you have the TJ sotra..in the back :D

·
Registered
312 Posts
what exactly does the bracket look like to hold the plate over your gas cap? the guy before relocated the license plate to center underneath where the spare tire usually goes with some jerry rigged metal bars but if i get a spare you won't be able to see it down there so i'd like to put it back over the gas cap. and also i'd like to see the look on anyones face that drives my jeep to get gas. haha.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts