Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just filled up the Jeep, and the gage shows just less than a full tank. This has been an off and on thing, lately. Filled up a couple weeks ago, and gage pegs all the way to the full position. Sending unit? What to do?

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
I think the angle your are parked has a lot to do with it, the same happens to me, I get and extra 1/4 almost if I angle away

·
Registered
688 Posts
Just filled up last night (tj '06) and it did the same thing. Topped the tank of in another town after going to IL. for dinner and the tank was way above the full. Go figure. No biggy.

C.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Could be the station. There's a Hess in town that always underfills my tank.

·
Registered
407 Posts
This is a semi-common problem in jeeps. The problem lies in the connector near the fuel tank. There is a write up about cleaning the connector and putting some dielectric grease in the connector on his web somewhere. I will try and find it. The connected catches all the crap kicked up from the rear tire.

Found it: jeepsunlimited.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=474653

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Also consider the shut off mechanism for the fuel pumps at the gas stations isn't always the same. it may shut off earlier at one station vs. another.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts