Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I parked my jeep for 2 months and this morning when I started it up I noticed there was a large pudel of gas under the gas tank and it was leaking real bad I had to go to work so I couldn't see were it was coming from as far as I can tell it was leaking from the top ..what can be my problem thanks

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
Your rubber fuel line is most likely cracked and leaking. Could also be the gasket on top of the tank but I would bet it's the line.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Since you have to drop the tank , you might as well replace all the lines at the tank.

·
Registered
22 Posts
probably the fuel lines coming outa the top of the tank, My 94 did the same thing to me. make sure you mark which one goes where, or you may have to drop the tank a 2nd time.... I didn't, b\c I took pictures.

:punk:

·
Registered
88 Posts
I had a similar issue in my 95. I would advise getting replacement fill lines for the tank. Some hose clamps a few big ones and some small ones. Get someone to help you drop the tank. If your lucky lines to the tank just slide off the tank.

Good luck, it can be fixed just get some help with the tank.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts