Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 2dr Rubicon. Every time I fill up to the point where the nozzle stops, my throat tube spills gas back out onto the body and ground. Sometimes it's a good bit, s cup or more. Is this common? What can I do to fix it? It's somewhat if a pain to stand with my ear to the nozzle and throat to hear when it's backing up. Plus I don't like wearing gas! Thanks for any responses.

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
Bring it to the attention of the dealer. There is a Technical Service Bulletin regarding this. They will replace your Fuel Fill Tube with an updated version:

Date Reported
MAY 25, 2012
NHTSA Reference
TSB Reference
#SB-14-003-12
Description: JEEP: ON SOME VEHICLES, WHILE REFUELING VEHICLE, THE FUEL WOULD BACKOUT OR SPIT BACK. A NEW FUEL TUBE WITH A CHECK VALVE REPLACES FUEL TUBE AT FUEL TANK.

·
Registered
128 Posts
^^^This

Sister's 08 JK did the same thing. Replaced last year by the dealer for free.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I bought mine used but the dealer said mine was replaced twice before. It still does it so I slow down the pump after putting in 11 gallons. If I go slow it doesn't puke back up. Also some stations don't do it at all.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I had the same problem. I called Chrysler and they told me that it's a known problem and the dealer will replace it under warranty even that I had 90k miles on the jeep.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the info. I will look into it. The whole counting gallons and listening close thing is getting old.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts