Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen some past threads, but nothing current. Just purchased a 2010 and every time I fill up my tank the gas overflows all over the ground. I have tried different gas stations. I know the easy fix is to pay attention to the gallons and just manually stop it before it happens, but just didn't know if anyone knows of a fix for this. Thanks.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I had the same problem with my 08 jku. I took it to the dealer and they replace he hose with the check valve. It was covered under warranty.

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
There have been alot of posts on this and it is a problem. Unfortunately, only 07 & 08 JK's are covered under the TSB. The fix is the fuel fill tube has to be replaced with an updated version. Mine was replaced over 6 months ago in my 10 and it hasn't spilled out since. I have a good relationship with my dealer and they covered it even though they didn't have to. It was replaced as "good will".

·
Registered
715 Posts
...nevermind...

·
Registered
239 Posts
It's under lifetime warranty my 07 did it and I got a letter for it a year ago and finally took it in and got it fixed for free a month ago any jeep dealership has to do it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just had mine fixed at dealer. 2007 JK. Lifetime warrenty on check valve. Took about 25 minutes and worked great.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I have an 09 purchased new back then. It just recently started throwing up :( so is it covered under lifetime warranty ?

·
Registered
85 Posts
i think mine already had this done...and its doing it again...no lifetime warranty on mine...

right now...i know about how much it takes when the fuel light comes on...and when i get within 5L...i slow the pump down...

which reminds me...did they put the smaller tanks in the 07's 4door model too? my gas light comes on around 60-65L...but specs show i should have an 85L tank (maybe 80, i can't recall for sure) i've never been too sure, and didn't want to chance it...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I suggest you just call Jeep/Chrysler or take your Wrangler - whatever model year - to a Jeep dealer. I just had the "Check Valve" replaced for a 2007 Wrangler I bought used last month. My Jeep was manufactured outside the dates of the date-range specified for the the original TSB, so I was expecting some push back. But dealer knew right away - based on the VIN - that I qualified for a free check valve replacement as soon as he checked the computer! You've got nothing to lose - just tell them fuel is spitting out and see if you qualify for free repair.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Update: I brought mine in this week and they didn't even blink an eye. No hassles. Fixed it at no cost to me. I'm guessing it's an environmental thing. Way easier/cheaper for Chrysler to fix them then have somebody make a stink about it.

Used 08 Rubi 72K, USA

1 - 18 of 18 Posts