Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am 5'7" and find the gas pedal too low, if I shift the seat forward to reach the gas pedal the brake pedal is too close.

I can't find a pedal pad for 14 JKUR so I was thinking of buying a aluminum aftermarket pad and put the original rubber pad on top of it

Has anyone tried this ?

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
I think it may have been RoadieJeff that added a pedal extender for his wife. Other than that, I don't remember reading much about it.

Sorry I don't have an answer for you!

·
Registered
143 Posts
My gas pedal has more resistance than any other vehicle I've ever had (i.e. it's harder to push down than what I'm used to)

·
Registered
152 Posts
My gas pedal has more resistance than any other vehicle I've ever had (i.e. it's harder to push down than what I'm used to)
What engine do you have? Is it hard to break free then it's easy after it breaks free? or is the resistance excessive through the pedals entire travel? 3.8's are kind if known for carbon build up in the throttle body causing it to be hard to "break free" but then work normally after that unroll you close the throttle again.....

·
Registered
412 Posts
I had the same problem when I got my first jku .. Just find a happy medium and you will get use to it.. I don't even think about it now and I'm 5'8

·
Registered
13 Posts
I don't have any suggestions, but I've also noticed that the gas pedal has somewhat odd positioning. I'm 5'4" and feel like the seat needs to be slid way too far ahead in order to properly reach the gas pedal. At that point, I'm super close to the steering wheel and it's a little hard to get in and out of the Jeep with the seat like that.

My husband (who also drives the Jeep) is 6'5", so the seat is constantly getting adjusted.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I'm 5'8 and feel the same way. I had in the perfect position a few weeks ago, but the mechanics moved it when they worked on it and I haven't found the perfect spot since.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was trying to look what to do and saw the whole accelerator is plastic.

I am thinking to glue or clamp a rubber pad or something from lowes about 1" thick, that will make it good for me.

·
Premium Member
7,198 Posts
I think it may have been RoadieJeff that added a pedal extender for his wife. Other than that, I don't remember reading much about it.
Yes. My wife is just shy of 5' 1". The Jeep is her DD. She was concerned about having to move the seat all the way forward and be right up against the airbag if it should ever deploy. I bought a set of PedalMates pedal extenders, which includes both the gas and brake. They have an option for the clutch pedal, too, for the manual trans.

Anyway, she likes them and it's not too hard for me to drive with them in place.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
Yes. My wife is just shy of 5' 1". The Jeep is her DD. She was concerned about having to move the seat all the way forward and be right up against the airbag if it should ever deploy. I bought a set of PedalMates pedal extenders, which includes both the gas and brake. They have an option for the clutch pedal, too, for the manual trans.

Anyway, she likes them and it's not too hard for me to drive with them in place.
:thumb: I KNEW it was you! :D

I couldn't remember what product you used, but at least I remembered your name. LOL

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The gas pedal does feel like you have to kick it instead of step on it. Have you tried adjusting the seat height?
The seat height is fixed, you can only lower the back portion, I don't think the front portion goes down.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes. My wife is just shy of 5' 1". The Jeep is her DD. She was concerned about having to move the seat all the way forward and be right up against the airbag if it should ever deploy. I bought a set of PedalMates pedal extenders, which includes both the gas and brake. They have an option for the clutch pedal, too, for the manual trans. Anyway, she likes them and it's not too hard for me to drive with them in place.
I am not looking to do any adjustments to the brake, and to the accelator just about an inch more, pedal metals is too much

·
Registered
113 Posts
I had the same issue. It wasn't a height issue for me but i couldn't drive by pivoting on my heel between the brake and the accelerator cuz the pedal was just too low.

I cut a piece of balsa wood to the shape of the accelerator. Maybe 1.5" thick and duct taped it. Haven't had an issue since. It was also much cheaper than buying some aftermarket piece.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts