Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my engine bay cleaned a few days ago and now I smell gas from what seems to be coming from that area. i looked under the hood to see if i could find anything loose and these 3 knobs needed tightening, so i did. I have no idea what any of them do, could they have been causing the smell? ( i wont be able to test drive it until late tomorrow. )
Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
15,649 Posts
Ports high and low side for ac

Gas smell could be leak from fuel rail/injectors but at 49 psi should be apartment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm, so that second knob was for the fuel injector? Is there a reason for the green marking on it?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Cap 1 is used for checking your ac system performance. The green cap #3 covers a port which can be used to perform a check of the vacuum/evaporative emission system.

I would seriously doubt if a pressure washing spray would dislodge your fuel line, but the line from the fuel tank connects to the fuel injector rail very close to (below) where you have a number 2 labeled in the first photo. Check to see if liquid fuel leaking from the interface between the fuel line and the fuel rail (tube).

Reactions: Nynico

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I dont own a TJ.
#2 fuel rail pressure test port - primary suspect.
#3 if it is EVAP system port it might smell gas also.

·
Registered
15,649 Posts
Given ports 1 and 2 are clearly in the ac lines no way it is cap on fuel rail pressure port

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts