Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’ve filled up my Jeep about 3/4 times now and each time the level rises, it engages the auto cutoff but a solid couple ounces spills out. At first I was thinking it was a broken pump but now it’s happened multiple times.

Anyone had this issue? Any recommendations?

Alex
2006 TJ

Sent with Tapatalk

·
Registered
884 Posts
The fix is in these videos. You will probably read recommendations for a GM fuel filler flapper valve but that is a hack/band-aid vs. a real fix.

Reactions: alexandersawyer

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Excellent

I’m still a noob so wasn’t sure if this was a Jeep thing or a me thing. I’ll check those out

Alex
2006 TJ

Sent with Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts
Ditto on this. Search Amazon for "GM 15131046 filler hose" and using the instructions on this site showing how to trim it and align it properly. Its the work around fix to removing the tank and worked very well for the same problem on mine.

Been there...done that...got the gasoline soaked tee shirt!

·
Registered
765 Posts
Same here. I have burp bad, have the GM part but waiting until I put in a 1inch body lift to do it at the same time. For now, I do not let the pump auto kick. Just listen and you will hear the pitch change as it gets close to full and you just stop pumping gas.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Also, if I count so that the gas goes in at .1 gallon per second. Then it goes until it stops and doesn't spit much. Gets the tank good and full.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I let Pep Boys drop my tank once to do an emergency Sunday shock replacement. Tank has done this ever since. Excited to try this fix, I didn't know there was anything that didn't require dropping the tank.

My current workaround is to stick with the 2 old gas pumps that I know work with my TJ and ham a wiper fluid cap in the pump handle to hold it at a slower flow. Gas flows 1/4 as fast but will cut off when actually full.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Also, if I count so that the gas goes in at .1 gallon per second. Then it goes until it stops and doesn't spit much. Gets the tank good and full.

I got so close to doing this earlier. Had it cut off perfectly and made the mistake of second guessing myself and tapped it ever so lightly and it spit back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts