Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow jeepers , I know this topic has been asked before but from what I gather from here and Google most of the fixes have been the actual fuel tank, so I swapped out my fuel tank today ($535.00) :( and still the same problem whenever I try and fill up gas just comes right back out and took me 20 minutes to fill the tank just wondering if anybody had any other ideas on what could be, I am a Honda tech but I can't go deep in any evap testing due to my scanner will not perform this function, it's very aggravating and hopefully someone can shed some light on the issue. Thanks. I have 2010 2 door Rubicon.

·
Registered
387 Posts
The issue was not the gas tank.. The issue is the filler neck stop valve.. There are a few TSB's even a lifetime warranty from chrysler regardless of vehicle ownership.. I had mine replaced earlier in the year (08 jkur) and the warranty code was x32 but these can change from year to year.. Just call chrysler up and ask for any available warranty on your vehicle particular to the gas overflow.

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
They used to replace the tank up until 08. That's probably what you found, but the problem is the fuel fill tube which has an internal check valve. The tank is no longer replaced. The TSB only covers 08 JK's, possibly 07's. I don't exactly recall, even though other model years have the problem. The dealer replaced the fuel fill tube on my 10 2 yrs. ago but it would have cost me if they didn't cover it themselves as customer "good will". I guess they covered it since I've done business with them for years, but they didn't have to. It's too bad you replaced the tank and spent the $ already. I think the fuel fill tube is a hundred plus. If you get one make sure you get the "strap" to further secure it. That might be a separate part # if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks a bunch guys, I tried to get it good willed also because it only has 29,000 miles but I do all the work myself and have no history at the dealer so no dice, it's ok, I'll be set for a bit after the tube. I'll order that monday, man is that frustrating trying to put gas in. Lol.

·
Registered
920 Posts
We've had bad canister vent valves cause similar issues on other vehicles. I'd take it off and clean it out before I do anything else, just to be sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts