Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doesn't seem to matter what gas station I go to, if I fill it up using the clip on the pump handle, it cuts off too late and gas sloshes over the top and runs down the side of my Jeep. At one station it cuts off way late and I get a considerable amount of gasoline on the ground.

And before you say "don't use the clip" I didn't last night. Was going slow slow slow and the pump clicked to say "full" and ... GAS SLOSHED OVER THE TOP. Even though I was manually pumping the gas!

WHAT IS GOING ON?! Why does it do this? Gas ain't free, you know!

·
Registered
660 Posts
I thought I recall reading where the fill tube was replaced to fix this issue. I don't have the issue, but I know others have.

·
Premium Member
1,476 Posts
Don't "stuff it." when the pump clicks off, stop. Doing this long terms causes all sorts of problems, like air in the tube and over filling problems.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
246 Posts
I drove a 2006 Durango at work and it would spew out everytime. Almost impossible to pump slow enough to prevent it. I feel your pain.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Don't "stuff it." when the pump clicks off, stop. Doing this long terms causes all sorts of problems, like air in the tube and over filling problems.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I don't stuff it. At the first click, done as I carefully hold the handle and slowly put gas in her, WHOOSH here comes a big splash of gasoline. It's not a stuff issue.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm the third owner of this JK. They aren't fixing this for me at the dealership, are they? The whole "lifetime warranty" thing only would cover the first owner, correct?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts