Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I suspect I have a small head gasket leak what is the best over the counter gasket sealant to put into radiator?
I see so many at the parts store

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
All of them are very temporary, even "if" they work. They make a nice mess of your cooling system. If you are sure you have a head gasket leak, they only reliable option is to replace the gasket. Otherwise you will still be forced to replace the head gasket, as well as messed/clogged up cooling components from the sealant.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Lots of people have different reasons for using sealants. That being said watch the reply's.

I can tell you that the Blue Devil products due work Just FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS for the product.

-Jason

·
Registered
646 Posts
suppose your headgasket is blown, it should be assumed that there is also a crack on the head and/or block. should you plan on having the head and block deck milled for that matter, the machine shop should have it it a hot bath, therefor stop leak of any kind should be ok. but make no mistake, you have been warned of its collateral damage. just make sure you diagnose the problem entirely; coolant pressure test, checking for bubbles in the radiator, examining the spark plugs, oil dipstick, engine idle, etc. before you unleash the dog of war!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts