Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know Mopar is first choice for critical components, such as radiators, etc.

I am putting in a Mopar radiator and Stant 195 Superstat, but I got a Gates water pump instead of Mopar.

It does have a plastic impeller, but I had a metal impeller on my Ford Ranger that was rotted to the point that it looked like a pizza cutter. So, I am not totally convinced metal is better or worse than plastic.

I always had great luck with Gates products (belts, pulleys, etc.) and I already have it, so I will give it a try.
Any feedback on experiences with the Gates water pump for the 4.0?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I replaced my 06 jeep TJ 2.4l with a Gates Timing belt kit form Rock Auto which has the water pump included about 30k miles ago and have no problems at all. I run Gates belts on the RZR and sportsman 1k also and have had no issues. IMO they have quality stuff, but you know what they say about opinions.......

·
Registered
143 Posts
My previous water pump was an AC Delco which lasted seven years. I replaced that with my current Gates pump two years ago, which has been trouble free so far. I think the impeller on mine is metal. Might get to look at it in the coming months though as I've noticed a tiny weep from the gasket, which may need replacing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts