Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made these out of PVC. My initial thought was they wound't look real enough to be a problem. No trigger, body, etc. But as I built and painted these they started looking pretty wicked. Haven't driven with them on yet. Anybody here ever done something similar or know someone who has? I don't want to go to prison, but they sure do look cool on a Jeep.

Attachments

·
Registered
442 Posts
Ha! I love it! My '15 Willy's is going down a military theme road, and my dad suggested I mount a Gatling gun. He was joking, of course.

Looks pretty cool. Interested to hear how this pans out...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
156 Posts
I made these out of PVC. My initial thought was they wound't look real enough to be a problem. No trigger, body, etc. But as I built and painted these they started looking pretty wicked. Haven't driven with them on yet. Anybody here ever done something similar or know someone who has? I don't want to go to prison, but they sure do look cool on a Jeep.
What does it do?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ha! I love it! My '15 Willy's is going down a military theme road, and my dad suggested I mount a Gatling gun. He was joking, of course.

Looks pretty cool. Interested to hear how this pans out...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Well, I have an extra set of dummy gatling guns if you're interested. These are copper. Look a little less authentic and might be less of a problem with cops. Hell, I'd say their deer whistles. haha
All ready to mount. $75 bucks + shipping if you're interested.

Attachments

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Please tell me they attach with a magnet?
No. The one's on my truck are bolted on using the existing hood bolts.
The one's i'm selling have a fastening bolt on them to utilize an existing hole or one you drill. The other end has an adjustable leg that sits on the hood. Of course, you can mount them any number of ways.

·
Super Moderator
2,843 Posts
No. The one's on my truck
:jawdrop: ??? You drive around multiple vehicles with imitation Gatling guns mounted on them? I'm a card carrying member but even I might draw the line at just one vehicle with Gatling guns on it.. hahaha

·
Registered
442 Posts
Well, I have an extra set of dummy gatling guns if you're interested. These are copper. Look a little less authentic and might be less of a problem with cops. Hell, I'd say their deer whistles. haha
All ready to mount. $75 bucks + shipping if you're interested.
Deer whistles! Lol! Thanks for the offer, but I think I'll go the route of least complications with Houston PD.

·
Premium Member
16,872 Posts
I can just see the next chapter of, "Hold my Beer, Watch this...."

It involves a Fake hood mounted Gatling Gun....

"Evening Officer"

"Do you know why I've pulled you over this evening?"

"Why, No I do not...."

"Ok, Let's start with You're scaring the Shit out of Everybody and you even have me wondering what the hell you're doing...."

-------------------------------
In all seriousness, In most States you can be arrested for pointing your finger at someone and making the simulation of shooting them, pointing a fake squirt gun - same thing. The crisis of measure Is Not whether the Gun is real. It IS does a reasonable person "think" it might be real is all it takes.
Lets not debate what a "reasonable person" is but in this day and age, do you want to take that chance?

Your decision.

·
Registered
658 Posts
A guy I used to follow online did something similar to his hearse. Granted, he went to the extreme. Photos here.

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
It's a visual obstruction and could be forced to remove it. The list of issues you could have here in Cal is quite long.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
:jawdrop: ??? You drive around multiple vehicles with imitation Gatling guns mounted on them? I'm a card carrying member but even I might draw the line at just one vehicle with Gatling guns on it.. hahaha
Of course not!. Just dressing up the Jeep.

1 - 20 of 124 Posts