Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thinking about swapping out my dim gauge bulbs for some LED's. without having to take apart the dash to find the right bulb, what bulb sizes are they? im looking at swapping the tach, spedo, oil pres, water temp, and volt gauges. bulb guide on Sylvania's web site wont give me a size saying bulbs vary. superbrightleds website gives me 3 different options.

btw, 92 YJ 2.5L 5spd

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I've found I can reach the small gauge lights by pulling the radio forward. I've never had a speedo light or tach light go out so I don't know if I can reach those or not.

BTW I have long skinny arms. With freakishly long skinny fingers...

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've found I can reach the small gauge lights by pulling the radio forward. I've never had a speedo light or tach light go out so I don't know if I can reach those or not.

BTW I have long skinny arms. With freakishly long skinny fingers...
lol

mine didnt go out, im looking to do Green LED's to match my lime green paint and to brighten up the gauges. im in the process of upgrading all my exterior lighting as well

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
Been watching too much HGTV now we are color coordinating the JEEP. Post some pics I love the green monsters out there. Especially that new Gecko Green on the new ones. I might have to repaint for that.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
jokerchief462 said:
Been watching too much HGTV now we are color coordinating the JEEP. Post some pics I love the green monsters out there. Especially that new Gecko Green on the new ones. I might have to repaint for that.
Think you could get a discount on your auto insurance for having that?

Or an additional fee? Depends who you got for insurance I guess.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
after i picked up my YJ, i went to visit my parents and my father called it "Safety Green" lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts