Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw a picture of a rubicon gauge cluster and noticed it had little lights in the upper corner that said "front locker" and "rear locker".

I'm jealous.

I recently added ARB air lockers, and think it would be pretty trick to make them also activate indicator lights in my gauge cluster. I'm not at all worried about the wiring aspect of it, I could handle that pretty easily.

I'm just wondering if anyone knows how available/scarce gauge clusters are from Rubicons are, and if i CAN find one... any idea how much I'd need to pay for it? Additionally, I would assume that the mileage info is actually stored in the ECU/PCM, and not the gauge cluster itself? I.E. If I change out the gauge cluster, is it going to read the mileage of the vehicle it came out of?

Thanks in advance for any info :)

·
Dont forget a Jack strap
30,851 Posts
Your standard cluster should have the lights, some creative wiring would do it. Providing your cluster is 04+

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just looked on Ebay, and all the clusters also list approximate mileage, so it looks as though that info is in fact stored in the gauge cluster. Dang. My dream is crushed! Ahhh!!!! what a world... what a world.....

(Melts into floor)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Just looked on Ebay, and all the clusters also list approximate mileage, so it looks as though that info is in fact stored in the gauge cluster. Dang. My dream is crushed! Ahhh!!!! what a world... what a world.....

(Melts into floor)

LMAO,,,, How do you think I feel.I read your first post and get excited about the idea ,then think oh no I cant do it ,but wait mines a 05 ,I can ,but I dont have lockers yet ,I have to get lockers .

That was a very expensive 1 minutes read for me...LOL

·
Registered
951 Posts
you can have a dealer program a cluster to the correct mileage, but i doubt it would be able to be wired up to light with a switch like in an 04. probly more work than its worth

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
04 cluster will not work on a 01

1 - 7 of 7 Posts