Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed new gauges with new oil pressure sending unit and new temp sending unit today.. before the new sending units my gauges were jumping all over. my new gauges are all digital and now my fuel level gauge is fine while not moving but as soon as i move it will jump from 40% to 0% and all over between. and now my oil pressure gauge will read maxed out while running and 00 while sitting with the key in the on position...

is there a problem with my new oil pressure sending unit? could i have installed incorrectly?

how can i fix the fuel gauge to read correctly??

·
Registered
127 Posts
I had, what appeared to be a new sending unit from the PO. Similar problem with the gauge. Changed the sending unit and it fixed the problem. Did your old gauge work? Can you reconnect it to see if its the gauge or the sending unit?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
when i installed the new gauge i still had the original sending unit and the new gauge did exactly what the old one did just jump around a bunch, then when i installed the new sending unit and it is now maxed out. i purchased the sending unit from autozone, could it be defective already?

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
Are the gauge and sending unit compatible? Is there a wiring iissue with the oil pressure sending unit i.e. chaffed nd grounding out on its way to the gauge? Just a couple of thoughts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts