Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got 32" tires right now. I'm gonna need new ones soon and I was wanting to bump up to 33" tires. I think I have 3.73 gears now....not positive. Anyway...should I look into getting a new set of gears if i get 33" tires and if so...What set of gears would work well. I'm not doing much off roading.... just a woods trail every now and then when I go to my cabin. Nothing serious. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
864 Posts
I have 32 inch tires a 2.5 lift and 3.07 gears . Do I wish I had 3.73,s yes but I,m not paying for a change . I did alot of research and it,s not worth it for the driving I do . I don,t off road and have zero interest in trying it .

My Wrangler runs very well drives fine and rides ok . I use all the gears in my 5 speed get ok milage and run 60/65 mph on the road .

BANGER

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oops. I think I do have 3.07 gears. And it is also lifted 4 inches. So you guys don't think going up an inch to 33" tires and not changing the gears is gonna hurt me. I didn't know if it would ruin the trans or motor or anything.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hmmmmm....alright well thanks for all the input. Maybe I'll just stick to 32"? decisions. haha

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
I think 33 inch tires will look better with a 4 inch lift but it will not perform the best with 3.07 gearing. However, if you do not demand a lot of power or low crawling speed capabilities, you should be okay with the 3.07 gears. There are quite a few members on here that have 33 inch tires with 3.07 gears.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alrighty. Thanks for all the info guys!

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
Won't hurt anything but your feelings when you get passed by the grannies... :) Try it, if you hate it you can either regear or downsize the tires..... I have 33's and 3:07's and I'm doing fine.... ;)

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have a 5 spd Manual with the 4.0L

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
4.56 gears. Is that for optimum speed? Power? I'm kinda new to the whole switching gears thing.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have 4:56's for my Tj and I've got 32"s it does great except for that I'm running a bit high rpms on the highway. But 33's would be perfect

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm now running 4.56 in my Jeep with 33x12.50s which makes it easier to drive at freeway speeds after the extra weight of the tires, armor, and winch.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts