Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone so finally got my flasher from super chips in the mail today for my 09 sahara. As I am going through it I notice I can change the TC low end, the engine idle and the gear ratio.

Is anyone good at knowing if I should change these and to change them to what? I have already changed the tire size and the diff gear ratio but was wondering about TC low end, engine idle and the shift points. Below is what I have done to it.

Replaced front dana 30 with a locker 4.88 gear dana 44.
34 inch tires
4.88 gears with locker in the rear.
4 inch lift

Any advice is great advice. Also I do a lot of driving with this so that also needs to be considered. My gas mileage went from 13.5 to around 19 after the re gear

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I assume TC means transfer case: dont do anything to that. It is only for use if you replace your transfer case with one that has a different ratio. Yours is 2.72:1 a rubicon for example has a 4:1 ratio.

Engine idle is for use when you are winching and want to up the idle automatically (as opposed to using the pedal and holding it).

Shift Points: They should be set automatically when you change tire and/or gear settings. There might be an option from superchips for some sort of advanced transmission tuning on the 07-11 JKs. I am unsure about that though.

Bottom line. dont do anything to those three options.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts