Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's about time for new tires and I am currently running the 33x12.5 KM2s the PO had mounted. I'm thinking of going down to 32x11.5 because she rubs just enough to annoy me when off roading. I want to add another 2 inches to the lift, unfortunately tires are needed now, can't afford to do both. So my question after all this: Do I need to regear for the 32s, or will the current gearing for the 33s be sufficient? Do I need to go smaller, i.e. 32x10.5, don't want to go below that. I have a 2" Old man emu lift and 1.5" wheel spacers.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
It's about time for new tires and I am currently running the 33x12.5 KM2s the PO had mounted. I'm thinking of going down to 32x11.5 because she rubs just enough to annoy me when off roading. I want to add another 2 inches to the lift, unfortunately tires are needed now, can't afford to do both. So my question after all this: Do I need to regear for the 32s, or will the current gearing for the 33s be sufficient? Do I need to go smaller, i.e. 32x10.5, don't want to go below that. I have a 2" Old man emu lift and 1.5" wheel spacers.
You don't need to regear for smaller tires, especially if you're only dropping an inch.

If you had previously regeared your Jeep to run 35's or 37's, and THEN went down to 32's, you'd have problems.

But if you're talking stock gears, it won't have much effect; if anything, you'll regain the top-end power you lost (however little it was) when you went to the 33's in the first place.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
if you go with the 33x12.50x15 Duratracs, they actually measure 32x11.50x15, and they're lighter than the BFGs, I didn't notice the powerloss going from 30x9.50x15 BFG ta KOs, to the 33x12.50x15 Goodyear Duratracs. but I also replaced the gambler wheels with lighter DC2 wheels too. what engine, transmission/gears do you currently have?

I have the 2.25" Skyjacker BBL and no rubbing while offroading. my DC2 wheels have 3.65 backspacing on them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts