Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Sahara unl. I was changing out the gear shift knobs. The 4wd removed no problem. The Auto shift knob was a beast to remove and as I was removing it it made a pop sound and now spins 360. This is the rod going into the boot itself into the knob on top. Is this a fix it prob. or a deal fix?

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have a 2015 Sahara unl. I was changing out the gear shift knobs. The 4wd removed no problem. The Auto shift knob was a beast to remove and as I was removing it it made a pop sound and now spins 360. This is the rod going into the boot itself into the knob on top. Is this a fix it prob. or a deal fix?

It should not spin I know is pain in ass to get it out. U should press down little twist and pull some use a strap to pull it. Use a towel try again take it out and look it have lines try to put it back again line it up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I finally got it off when I did the rod popped. It now spins around 360 degrees though the boot. I am worries I damaged or broke something down there. Is this something I can take the boot off and fix or a dealer problem?

·
Registered
140 Posts
I finally got it off when I did the rod popped. It now spins around 360 degrees though the boot. I am worries I damaged or broke something down there. Is this something I can take the boot off and fix or a dealer problem?

I guess u broke the plastic rail from inside u might just need new handle havecu try to change all speed from D to P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts