Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just about to put some 33x12.5's on my 04 wranger, i have the factory dana 30 in the front and a dana 35 in the back. do i need new gears with the 33's or has any one had signifigant problems after they put 33's on? also what should i do about the speedometer readings, should i have a major change?

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
If he has a 6cyl and 3.73 gears you should be okay
with manual tranny he will notice a bigger difference than with auto tranny.
i´ve 32s with 3.73, 6cyl and automatic and i notice a big difference to stock jeeps. in the city is ok, but with speeds +50 mls it is very slow.
that´s why i will regear to 4.56 when i have enough money for that and two lockers.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea, i got the 6-cyl

with manual tranny he will notice a bigger difference than with auto tranny.
i´ve 32s with 3.73, 6cyl and automatic and i notice a big difference to stock jeeps. in the city is ok, but with speeds +50 mls it is very slow.
that´s why i will regear to 4.56 when i have enough money for that and two lockers.
thanks for the info its been very help full, is 3:73 the factory ratio

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
You should be fine. I have 3.73 gears w/6 cylinder, auto trans. I just lifted my Jeep and added 33" x 10.5" S.S - TSL's... It has a slight lag from the stock 225's but I'm OK with it around town and on the highway.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm not hijacking this thread but after I lift my jeep I want 32's or 33's I have a 6cyl with a 5spd and 3.73 gears should I be okay.:confused:
You should be OK with 33's. I have the 6cyl with a 6spd and 3.73 gears on 33 x 12.5" tires. I can still use 6th gear on the highway, but I do need to downshift if traffic slows to 55MPH.

·
Knows a couple things...
50,338 Posts
Ya I was doing a little reading last night and found a thread on here and there were people that were running 35's on the 3.73 gears and they said it was fine so I think I should be okay on 33's.:D
I can't imagine anyone saying 35" tires with 3.73 gearing is "fine". And if I were to be upgrading to 33" tires again, I'd go straight to 4.56 if I had a manual or 4-speed automatic transmission. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.