Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have had our Jeep for about 3 Months and I finally took the time to Register our 12 Altitude on Jeep.com. After searching around the Website, low and behold I find the build Info, come to find out the Jeep actually has 3.73 gearing.

For those who have not registered your Jeep, I would recommend taking the time to do so. You might find something about your build that you are not aware of!

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's a win for you!
Most definitely. I am not ready to plunk down a pile of cash for a lift and tires, it makes my tire size choice a little easier. Already have 32" stock tires on our Altitude off the lot. 34s or 35s shouldn't be too much strain on the gearing based on what I have been able to find so far!

·
Registered
840 Posts
suicideking said:
How did you buy a Jeep and not have it registered? Did you buy a used Jeep from a private party? Just not sure why anyone would NOT register...
He means registering it on Jeeps website. Not with the DMV.

·
Registered
860 Posts
There was never any doubt with my gearing...because I searched for a JKR with 4.10, paid for the option at the dealer, and pay for it again every time that I visit the gas station. :D

And I would do it again. :punk:

·
Registered
710 Posts
SilverMiner said:
I think the 3.73 is the standard selection, maybe the 3.21 is show under optional equipment and overrides that?
3.21s are standard..

·
Registered
488 Posts
Interesting.... I just double-checked mine on the Jeep Owners site & everything checks out w/ what mine has (including 3.73 gears) EXCEPT it shows the 730N nav system & Uconnect under dealer installed equipment... :confused:

Of course, I got mine used (with all of ~3000 miles on it), so they might have swapped out the radio for the base model prior to my purchase.

Regardless, I ripped out that POS as soon as the free SIRIUS trial ran out!

·
Registered
185 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts