Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
More less wondering if the stock axels will hold up with the regear and ARB lockers? I'm not wanting to spend all this money on gearing and lockers if I'm just going to keep breaking things. Anyone out there put lockers in the stock(other then gears) Dana 30 and 35?

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Stock dana 30 lock will handle 35's easy add molly shafts and you can run 37's. As for the Dana 35 put any money into that is a waste locked 33's max in my opinion

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I am running 33's on the stock axles with 4.88 gears. Welded spider gears in the rear. No problems. It will go anywhere I want it to.
A lot of people have issues with the Dana 35's but I have welded 4 Dana35's with 33-35" tires and have yet to lose an axle. I will say that I don't pound on my Jeeps, but with a locked rear I don't have to. That is why I weld mine. These are my experiences anyway.
The Ford 8.8 is the best bang for the buck as far as an up-grade goes.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
37's with 4.56 gears Dana 30/Dana 44 combo

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I just don't trust a D35 axle for more than anything other than a paperweight and putting money into it is one of the silliest things you can do. YYMV.

From this past weekend, open/open D30/D35 on 33s. My buddy didn't quite make it obviously.

I ran 35" Dick Cepek crushers up until last year on a D30/Ford 8.8 setup. Locked front and rear, stock shafts in the 8.8 and chromo shafts in the D30 with 4.10 gears. My crawl ratio suffered a bit compared to guys running 4.88s, however I had the stronger ring and pinion setup.

So that being said, you can easily do an 8.8 axle swap for the money that you're looking into putting into your D35 with the ARB and Super 35 kit.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I should just look into a whole new rear end rather then testing my luck with the dana 35's... if so what should i be looking for? 8.8?

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Gord said:
So I should just look into a whole new rear end rather then testing my luck with the dana 35's... if so what should i be looking for? 8.8?
The 8.8 is much stronger. I run my D35 without any trouble, but it all depends on how hard you are on it I suppose

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
I'm rolling on 235/75's, which is just slightly bigger than stock. Thought I would be perfectly fine...

I'll let you know if I ever find the shaft/tire/drum.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.