Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my 2013 Gecko JKU in October of 2013 from Adams Jeep. Traded the Lifted F150 Lariat behind my Jeep.

I knew I wanted it to "Look like a Jeep" and do the lift, tires, etc. So I went cheap and picked up a Rough Country 2.5" Budget Boost lift and swapped my Sport Shocks for Rubicon Shocks. With my JKU looking like a baby giraffe with a 2.5" lift and stock 31's I went to Discount Tire Direct and ordered a set of MB TKO 15x8's and 33x12.5r15 Goodyear DuraTracs.

Time to go offroading!

Now, time for some rock rails. I found a good deal online from some company called Smittybilt who had less than pleasurable (But comical) reviews and decided to take the risk, who cares right? These Smittybilt SRC Rails are going to get drug over rocks and dented up. I've had them on for about a year know, all dented up and gouged, they work as they should. But will be getting upgraded here shortly.

After the initial excitement wears off from the wheels, tires, lift, etc, I decide that it's time for a little more aggressive front bumper and winch. Picked up a Rugged Ridge XHD Front bumper with stubby end caps and the Double X striker stinger with a 12.5K winch.

With no more money until my tax return comes in I looked towards some less expensive mods like cutting my fenders and adding some additional light...

Decided to add some tribal tattoos via mud from Rausch Creek

So again, the excitement of new parts has worn off... Decided to sell the light bar and put that money towards getting a "Real" lift.

Currently in the process of ordering:
Bilstien 5100s
MetalCloak 2.5" dual rate springs
Metal Cloak front lower control arms
Metal Cloak Rear Upper Control arms
Metal Cloak front track bar
Metal Cloak Rear lower shock relocation bracket
Metal Cloak front and rear adjustable bump stops
Teraflex Rear Track Bar drop bracket
Riddler Diff covers
Ace Rock Sliders.

:crazy:

·
Registered
10,334 Posts
Decided to add some tribal tattoos via mud from Rausch Creek

Gives me an idea of opening up a franchise chain of anti-car washes.

Drive in with a perfectly clean Jeep, and come out with one all covered in mud.

:awesome:

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Geckos Rule!

Geckos Rule.....FTW! Of course I am partial.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gives me an idea of opening up a franchise chain of anti-car washes.

Drive in with a perfectly clean Jeep, and come out with one all covered in mud.

:awesome:
Haha, Thanks!

Looks good man! Which gears are you going to accompany the 37's with?
I'm going with Yukon 4.88's. I really should put lockers in while I'm at it but money is tight. lol

Looking Good!
Thanks!

Geckos Rule.....FTW! Of course I am partial.

Thanks man! Great build, btw!

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
very nice !!!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
New beginnings.jpg

Decided to change it up a bit...

Went with 17x9 Black Rock Steelies and 35x12.5r17 Nitto Trail Grapplers, sold my rims and tires along with my rock rails and added some "Wicked Jeeps" love.

Next is Smittybilt SRC rock rails (Up angle) and Metal Cloak Dual Rate 3.5" lift kit. Hopefully in the next few weeks. Will update.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Geckos Rule!

I don't think I could drive a gecko everyday but I sure like the look in short bursts. Great looking rig!
Not many can handle the inherent awesomeness of a GECKO jeep!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts