Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've decided to go with all terrain versus mud tire as I will be primarily driving on pavement. Can anyone vouch for either? The prices are pretty comparable and just wanting to place an order soon. Just seeing if anyone can steer me one way or another, haha

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
I'm glad I bought my AT2s. Both tires have a similar tread pattern, but the BFG KO2s have a better sidewall. The Generals have a 55k mile warranty, but I can't say anything about the BFGs.

Really, it all comes down to money. I personally do not think that the extra money for the BFGs would be worth it, but if money is no object to you, and you want that extra protection, the BFGs are better.

I got my 30x9.50R15 Generals for $132 each, plus $20 a tire install. With tax, it all came out to about $620. I got my alignment checked at Goodyear for free and it was fine.

Right now at Discount Tire Direct, the Generals are $134 and the BFGs are $186.

They do great in the rain and snow, and are decent off road. Not good in slick mud, but great in loose dust and rocks.

Holy Grail of A/T tire comparisons found here. I saw another one that was also good, but can't find where it went.

Enjoy the S**** B*** :censored: or "Big Game"!

·
Supporting Member
2,839 Posts
I just put KO2's on my XJ. The other day they are quiet , roll nice and incredible in snow both hardback and 20" deep. That I was in yesterday. They also hooked great in wet granite rock and. The sidewalls flex nice offload at 12psi I'm extremely impressed by them for an AT. They are much better then my General RedLetters that have been siped and the KM2's they replaced. They are much better then the old KO's I've run in the past

Attachments

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
I have the ko2's and I agree with Tom that they are a very nice all terrain, we get a lot of snow here and I go through 2ft at slow speeds like its nothing. I run 285/75/16's

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all, I decided for the ko2. About $70 more but I was leaning towards them already. Looking forward to getting them mounted on proper backspaced wheels and not rubbing anymore.👍

1 - 6 of 6 Posts