Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, i know this is gonna be a hot one so ill preface it with this; Im a total noob jeeper and i havent read even a fraction of the threads on this (or any other) site but...

Im generally disappointed in the ration of s**t that JK (especially JKU) drivers take from other jeepers.

I bought a 2012 JKU and LOVE it, but most of all I love the Jeep Brother/Sisterhood. It has however occurred to me that that brotherhood only extends to the TJ, YJ and any other J class jeepers. It really burns me up when i read the "jeep wave" thread (as an example) and so many of the wavers wouldnt dream of waving at a JK.

Im not trying to be a whiny punk and im not trying to burn any bridges, quite the opposite in fact.

well... let the flaming begin i guess :flowers:

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Who's gonna flame you here? By your reckoning, we're all pacifists who take it on the chin with nary a whimper.

Put on the flame suit, and take this post to the CJ, YJ and TJ sections. Then we'll see what's what. :punk:

·
Registered
609 Posts
I gotta be honest, I completely disagree. I have a JKU and I get jeep waves all day from wranglers of all shapes and sizes.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Who's gonna flame you here? By your reckoning, we're all pacifists who take it on the chin with nary a whimper.

Put on the flame suit, and take this post to the CJ, YJ and TJ sections. Then we'll see what's what. :punk:
I suppose youre right, maybe i took the weak route by posting here. I, in no way, intended to make it seem that we JK'ers are tail tucking titcalfs... in fact, i may edit the original to reflect such.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There won't be any flaming, it will most likely get locked. And DO NOT start multiple threads on this same subject.
I am acutely aware of how forums work. Feel free to lock or even delete this thread if you choose. No hard feelings about it either way.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Meh. I got the same thing from the CJ & YJ peeps when my TJ was brand new. Whatever.

As far as the wave - I don't initiate it ever (sorry, not a fan, but will always wave back if waved to), but it's always the older Jeeps that wave. Mostly dudes too.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Some people wave some people don't, just depends on the person. Overall you will get less waves from JK owners because a lot of people who buy them aren't into the jeep community.

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:whistling: Lord KELVIN and I have the exact same feelings about this subject !

:cool: JIMBO

·
Registered
487 Posts
I understand ur frustration being a newly JK owner myself. I think the reason is because a lot of JK owners are looked at as not real "Jeepers." I think this is because of the 4 doors and those who are buying it more so as an SUV and not so much for off roading.

Jeeps are widely popular now and people are buying them as SUV's and not off-roading. To be honest, I wont go off-road in my JK anywhere near as much as I did in my YJ. 1, cause i'm older and the JK was much more expensive and 2, my past off-roading experience showed me something eventually will break and I dont want to deal with it on my DD.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
oh, believe me i follow the "wave at everyone regardless if i get one return" train of thought. I figure we JKers have to be the ones to change the stigma and let all the other jeeps around us know that we are in fact part of the family and that even though i bought mine for a different reason than you, doesnt mean that we arent still cut from the same cloth.

:)

·
Registered
314 Posts
i use the middle finger.... oh , wrong wave???? crap this whole time...

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Now, I'll say I've heard some things from a few TJ and YJ owners not considering the JK a real Jeep. And I usually reply with "nanny nanny boo boo, stick your head in doo doo". :thumb::D

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Now, I'll say I've heard some things from a few TJ and YJ owners not considering the JK a real Jeep. And I usually reply with "nanny nanny boo boo, stick your head in doo doo". :thumb::D
:thumb: i remember hearing (years before i owned a jeep) that if it didnt have round headlights it wasnt a real jeep... :)

·
Registered
314 Posts
the only "real" jeep was the one built for the military.. the end..

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Another Guy In A Jeep said:
Thats the attitude :thumb:

I drive a TJ and I wave to every jeep. I only hesitate the slightest fraction of a second if I notice an abundance of doors :hide:
*giggle*

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.