Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, So i had taken my fenders off as i was getting ready to paint them. I got so tired of them graying out. Well i fell in love with the minimalist look that no fenders gave the jeep. However i hated how the fender mount holes and weird bends are visible. I checked out ace's delete however i didnt like how it didnt cover the whole pinch seem. I searched and searched and bam! Genright fit the bill. These things are absolutely awesome looking and sit flush with the body, and cover the whole pinch seam. Just what i was looking for! 99 bucks for the rear and 99 bucks for the front. A steal if you ask me. Ill post some pics for now, and will give a full review of the install and final product once they arrive!

image-2314115310.jpg

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Those look great and great price as well. I have been looking at the Ace as well, bur really like these. Nice find.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks good! Is it reversible should you decide to go back to stock fenders?
Yes and no it looks like but i cant say for sure. In the pic of the fromt youll see they retained that fender support. Im cutting mine off but im guessing if you left that on you shouldnt have any problems.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alrighty so here they are! The rears are missing in this pic but theyre all painted up. Just waiting on one nutsert (my kit was missing one) but its in the mail and should be here soon. To leave the bolts stainless or black them out.... Hmmmmm. image-2413950145.jpg

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
More pictures please!!! I'm interested in these now!
ill take some more for you! I wanna get the rears on first then ill do a full review with plenty of pics

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Are these even street legal?
Exactly what I was thinking when I read this. State of VA says nope - any tire that sticks out beyond the body, you have to have some sort of marker light that denotes the distance.

O_E

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Are these even street legal?
In certain states, yes. Im in NY (the land of rainbows and unicorns and laws) and funny enough its legal lol only commercial vehicles are required to have "splash guards" which is what an officer said to me when i inquired about them.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Alrighty so heres my review.
They are all aluminum, and they ship bare. which is great especially where i live in upstate NY (wicked amount of salt on the roads in the winter, aluminum Dosent rust) i paid 260 and some change to my door after shipping. Packaging is excellent as one could expect from a company like genright. They took almost 3 weeks to get to me. You will need a 3/8" drill bit to drill out most of the existing holes left over from your stock flares. You will also need a rat tail file to ream them out a little further. The tool they give you for the nutserts is sufficient at putting them in but you will also need a lock washer to keep the nutsert from spinning when wrenching on them. Easily had for a few cents at your local hardware store. Once you got all your nutserts in you wanna test fit. Genright uses CAD measurements from Chrysler themselves so these things are TIGHT, too tight for my liking honestly. They have to be positioned JUST right to get the bolts to line up. I reamed out most of the holes and used washers to soak up the variances from hole to hole. Stainless steel M6X18's are the washers you will want, they are not included. You can also thread a bolt into the nutsert with the flare off and give it a small tug in the direction needed to get them to play nice with the flares too. NOT TOO MUCH, just a little. I finished them up with rustoleum bedliner after priming and sanding them. Overall very happy with my purchase! Let me know if you guys/girls have any questions!

PS: on genrights website they show the stock flare supports on. They will not fit with them on and will have to be cut. No going back to stock unless you know a really good welder with autobody experience. I cut mine, bot hard at all and looks great.

image-1429205650.jpg

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the review, looks awesome. Could you do me a favor and take a picture directly from the front and one from the rear? Thanks
Sorry for the delay! I dont have any pics from the back but i will take one tomorrow for ya

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
1 - 20 of 21 Posts