Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after spending the winter in SoCal with out my Wrangler I got home on April 26 and started my build on the 27th. Why I was in SoCal I ordered a few parts (52 inch LED light bar and 2 LED A pillar lights) that I could bring home with me. The bigger stuff (bumpers and winch) I ordered right before leaving and am waiting for them to show up.

Now back to the build. This is a before picture
jeepb5.jpg

First thing was get the lights on. I did this why waiting on my sPOD to show up.
jeepb6.jpg
got them on with little trouble and only two trips to the hardware store. Needed longer bolts for the A pillar mounts as the stock ones were to short.

The sPOD showed up on Wed. and I set out to get in in stalled.
FYI when they say about a hour to install, THEY LIE. three hours later I had this.
jeepb2.jpg
jeepb3.jpg

I am happy with whats been done so far and am waiting on my bumpers and winch to show up. Once they show up I'll put my 18/60 springs on and then the bumpers and winch.
More to come (I hope) now :beerme:

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
Welcome to the addiction! :D

Nice jeep!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Blue and Star thank you both.

Well the bumpers got here today so I set to work putting the front one on with the winch.
The bumpers and winch are from DV8. I wanted a full with bumper and really liked the one from DV8. Got a great deal on them as a package.

old bumper off
jeepb9.JPG

New bumper
jeepb11.JPG
I really like the looks of this bumper. Showed up no problems. The install how ever. It might have been me but it was a pain in the :censored: to get the four bolts on both sides to line up and go in. They slide around and were not playing well with others. I wound up tying dental floss to the bolts and using that to help slide them in place. once on bumper looks great

The job all done.
jeepb13.JPG

total time start to finish was 4.5 hours to get front bumper and winch on and working. I might be slow but I have all my fingers still and no bloody knockles for once.

Tomorrow its the back bumper and tire carrier.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well got the back bumper on today. A bit easier then the front bumper was to bolt on but with out any directions at all I had to do some guess work on how the tie rods worked for the tire to swing out of the way with the tailgate.

jeepb15.JPG

Over all I am very happy with the DV8 stuff. The fit and finish are very good. the only thing I had to do was clean some coating out of holes so the bolts would fit. I think it truned out nice. Now I just have to get the springs put in and she will be all done for now.

jeepb17.JPG

one more of the front

jeepb18.JPG

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok this past weekend I got my 18/60 springs on. I think it was easer to do the springs then the bumpers. with tape in hand I got some before numbers. front 35.5 at the fender and 36 at the back. After the spring were put on its 37 front and back. I'm happy with it. I also got my KC lights on. had to do some old school on it.

here are some pictures of after the work.

jeep21.jpg

jeep20.jpg

jeep22.jpg

@DV8Admin1 have to give a big hats off to the guys at DV8 they have been great at helping me with the build. they have some great stuff. Thanks again guys.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Coming along nicely! Love what you've done so far. I was sooooo close to getting that front bumper but being scared that someday I might go flat fenders I didn't want my jeep to have a mustache so I ended up getting the JCR mauler. Keep up the good work! :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Glad those both worked out for you! Let us know if you have any issues with them and we will be glad to help! The Jeep looks great!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts